Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jfb <j....@verizon.net> on 2013/11/13 15:39:49 UTC

Dashboards

Hi All,

I want to display some visual analytics of my data.

Does anyone know a good library for Flex SDK 4.11?

Thanks!

Re: AW: Dashboards

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
I found one, very nice...
http://soa2world.blogspot.com/2008/06/google-chart-in-flex.html
Thanks!

Re: AW: Dashboards

Posted by jfb <j....@verizon.net>.
Thanks everyone for your reply and help.
I like the google char API, anyone has an example?
Best,

Re: AW: Dashboards

Posted by Javier Guerrero García <ja...@gmail.com>.
I know it sounds a little bit odd, but... what about using simple calls to
google chart API inside the sources of bitmapimages? :) Robust, incredibly
powerful, elegant and... free! :)

https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/chart_playground

Re: AW: Dashboards

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

AW: Dashboards

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Saul,

Well the main Focus of the Flexicious Dashboard is clearly the Dashboard and as this was the thing you
were looking for in your question, I thought it would fit ;-) If it's the Charts/Chartlets you are looking for, surely there are better Solutions.

If it's Charts you are looking for, I could add IBM iLog Elexir to the list (http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/ilog-visualization) allthough I remember them being pretty expensive in the latest Versions (They increased the Price about 400% from the Flex 3 to Flex 4 comaptable Version. And they tend to threat you with lawsuites if you offer to give them patches ;-)

Chris

AW: Dashboards

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.

RE: Dashboards

Posted by Saul DIaz <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Dashboards

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
We use AnyChart :

Re: Dashboards

Posted by Joeflash <ne...@joeflash.ca>.
There are a few others you might want to look into:

Kap Lab has some nice non-standard dashboard components, like TreeMap,
Radar Chart, Ring Chart, etc.
http://lab.kapit.fr/default/kolbert/

Axiis has some really nice Flex 3 visualization components using Degrafa, if
anyone remembers that project prior to the advent of FXG in Flex 4. The
components are still available with full docs, but I suspect it's been
orphaned since 2009.
http://www.axiis.org/

FusionCharts used to be pretty cool, used them a few times. But alas,
they've been discontinued since this past August. Damn HTML5.
http://www.fusioncharts.com/demos/extensions/#chart-explorer

amcharts.com used to have Flex charts, but they've turned traitor and
abandoned their Flex product line as well.

ILOG and AnyChart are way too restrictive in their pricing and/or licensing,
and Google Image Charts have been deprecated, which means who knows how
longer they'll support it -- and I've never liked relying on 3rd party
webservices for core app functionality anyways. Personally, I'd go with
Flexicious or Kap Lab.

Or you could always use FXG and/or the Drawing API to create your own
visualization components, it's not that difficult, more time consuming than
anything else.