Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by se...@desjardins.com on 2002/12/20 19:49:07 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : RE: DailyRollingFileAppender won't ROLL!

Josh,
I'm at version 1.2.4.

Serge A.

Josh Kleinpeter <kl...@corp.earthlink.net> on 2002-12-20 13:42:07

Veuillez répondre à "Log4J Users List" <lo...@jakarta.apache.org>

Pour : Log4J Users List <lo...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc :
Objet :     Re: Réf. : RE: DailyRollingFileAppender won't ROLL!

What about log4j version?

I'm using 1.2.5, and don't use the quotes.  I haven't tried it with.

serge.arsenault@desjardins.com wrote:

>Seems rather strange to me. On my setup, DailyRollingFileAppender  will always rollover,
>with or without the quotes. I'm testing under Windows NT, maybe it could have someting to
>do with that (though I can't see what).
>
>Serge A.
>

>Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2002-12-20 12:11:59
>
>Veuillez répondre à "Log4J Users List" <lo...@jakarta.apache.org>
>
>Pour : 'Log4J Users List' <lo...@jakarta.apache.org>
>cc :
>Objet :     RE: DailyRollingFileAppender won't ROLL!
>

>Josh wrote:
>

>>You shouldn't be quoting the . in your pattern.
>>log4j.appender.daily.DatePattern=.yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm
>>should work fine.
>>

>Thank you SO much!  It works now.  But... can someone please fix the javadoc
>for DailyRollingFileAppender?
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/DailyRollingFileAp
>pender.html
>
>It is quite adamant about quoting any literal text, and all of the examples
>have the 'dot' quoted.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Wendy Smoak
>Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.
>Arizona State University PA Information Resources Management

>--

josh kleinpeter    | sr software engineer
web infrastructure | earthlink.net

Superior intelligence and senseless cruelty just do not go together.
  -- Dr. Who