Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hiendl Elke <El...@iteratec.de> on 2001/03/05 10:32:18 UTC

mod_jk: Apache core dump!

Hi everybody,

I have a really weird problem:
my setup is		Solaris8 /Intel
			Apache 1.3.14
			mod_ssl 2.7.1 with openssl 0.9.6
			JDK1.3
			Tomcat 3.2.1

As I have gcc installed, all the builds went fine, for mod_jk I did the
following:

cd /$JAKARTA_HOME/src/native/apache1.3
/usr/apache/bin/apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk
-I$JAVA_HOME/include/solaris -I../jk -I$JAVA_HOME/include -I posix4 -c *.c
../jk/*.c

and this also worked without any errors, I copied the mod_jk.so-file to the
Apache libexec-directory.
But whenever I tell Apache to load mod_jk ( "Include
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.conf) it dumps core. Without this
instruction, everything works as it should.
Does anybody have a workaround for this? Any hints would be greatly
appreciated, as I´m very "time-limited".
Thanx in advance

Elke

Elke Hiendl
Beraterin für System- und Netzwerkmanagement
iteratec
Gesellschaft für iterative Softwaretechnologien mbH
Inselkammerstraße 4
82008 München-Unterhaching

Telefon     +49 89  61 45 51 - 35
Fax          +49 89  61 45 51 - 10