Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org> on 2005/05/09 23:38:51 UTC

[2.1] Using cocoon online outside of a webapp

Hi,

We have a J2EE application and are using cocoon to process the website.
and build our reports.  Suffice to say - we're really loving the
advantages cocoon brings us :)

Now we'd like to be able to produce cocoon based reports from the ejb
side of things without dealing with the webapp side of things.
Basically we need to use the pipelines processing to take our
datasources and produce pdfs / html / text / whatever, while not really
wanting to involve the servlet engine.

Is this possible / practical? I'm aware that some 'offline' capabilities
but I'm not sure how much they overlap with our intended usage.  From
the website CocoonBean / CocoonWrapper look like my sensible entry point?

Thanks for your advice, please keep me cc'd as I'm not subscribed to the
list at present.

Rob