Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Gunnar Morling <gu...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2022/01/30 17:42:09 UTC

Visualizing Calcite data in Apache Superset

Hey all,

I'm looking into ways of visualizing data provided via Calcite using Apache
Superset. For this, I think I'd have to expose some sort of endpoint which
Superset can connect to, potentially implementing an existing wire
protocol, such as the one of Postgres. That way, Superset could connect to
my Calcite-based application just as to any other Postgres application. Has
anyone given something like this a try?

Thanks for any hints,

--Gunnar

Re: Visualizing Calcite data in Apache Superset

Posted by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org>.
You can connect to Calcite using JDBC. I'm not familiar with Superset, but
a quick glance suggests that it does connect to other JDBC sources, so this
seems like a possibility.
--
Michael Mior
mmior@apache.org