Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/08 01:30:19 UTC

Re: Vega on zeppelin Helium

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your problem here. Let me try to help.
Do you see the same error when you run

"npm -i" or "yarn install" in your visualizatioin package
dir? (/home/romain/visu-vegas/Test01_HelloWorld)

Thanks,
moon

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 2:34 AM <ro...@orange.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I wish to integrate VEGA visualizations on zeppelin (version : *0.8.2*) .
> So I created 3 files to import these visualizations on Helium :
>

> -        HelloWorld.js :
> /home/romain/visu-vegas/Test01_HelloWorld/HelloWorld.js
>
> -        HelloWorld.json :
> /home/romain/visu-vegas/Test01_HelloWorld/HelloWorld.json
>
> -        package.json :
> /home/romain/visu-vegas/Test01_HelloWorld/package.json
>

> This is my package.json :
>
> {
>
>     "name": "HelloWorld",
>
>     "description": "affichage d'une phrase",
>
>     "version": "1.0.0",
>
>     "main": "HelloWorld",
>
>     "author": "",
>
>     "license": "Apache-2.0",
>
>     "dependencies": {
>
>         "zeppelin-tabledata": "*",
>
>         "zeppelin-vis": "*",
>
>         "vega": "^5.16.1",
>
>         "vega-embed": "^6.12.2",
>
>         "vega-lite": "^4.16.7"
>
>     }
>
> }
>

> When I click on "enable" for import “HelloWorld” visualizations, it
> returns me an error whereas when I do the manipulation in command line
> (putty) there is no error. Below is a copy of the error.
>

> To see the logs, I run a command line: *"tail -f
> zeppelin-romain-vmlinux.log*" from this directory: cd
> zeppelin-0.8.2-bin-all/logs.
>
> So, here are the corresponding error logs when I click on "enable":
>

> But this command goes to CLI when I'm in the bundle directory.
>

> Do you have any idea why it doesn't work?
>

> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely.
>

> Romain D.

RE: Vega on zeppelin Helium

Posted by st...@orange.com.
Hello Moon,

Actually, I’ve found the issue : I had another npm in my path which was more recent than the Zeppelin one, that’s why it was working from CLI but not from Zeppelin itself. Later one, I’ve seen that the error we had with Zeppelin could be fixed using an older release of Vega.

So, now, we can enable our Helium package, but it doesn’t work at all and it even breaks the whole Notebook display, with many javascript errors in the web browser console. I’ll investigate deeper first before posting

Thanks

Stéphane