Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phillip Gibb <ph...@prism.co.za> on 2001/06/06 15:25:10 UTC

tomcat secure

Hi,

I have a problem running tomcat with security manager, i.e. with the second
parameter "-security" added to startup.bat.

I edited the tomcat.policy file to contain all the directories that my web
app uses (like all the directorie under and including the context)

but I keep getting the following when I startup :

2001-06-06 03:24:37 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting HttpConnectionHandler on
8080
FATAL:java.io.IOException: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission
putProviderProperty.SunJSSE)
java.io.IOException: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission
putProviderProperty.SunJSSE)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.initProxy(SSLSocketFactory.java:191)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:11
8)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:239)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector.start(PoolTcpConnector.java:188)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java:527)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:202)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

any ideas

Phill