Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oskar Werewka <ow...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2001/06/11 00:15:12 UTC

log files

Hej cocooners,

How can I use a log file, and which one?
 From cocoon or from tomcat?

A bit of code, or a place where can I learn about it will be niece.

Regards,
Oskar Werewka

--

Kamera wideo Sony, 5000 zl
wygraj w konkursie eMarketu i Onet.pl [ http://konkursy.onet.pl/emarket ]

RE: log files

Posted by Paul Nock <pn...@medicineplanet.com>.
I use Tomcat logging in my logicsheet, e.g:

<xsl:template match="xsp:page">
	<xsp:page>
	<xsp:structure>
            //  Import the tomcat logging classes...
            <xsp:include>org.apache.tomcat.logging.*</xsp:include>
	</xsp:structure>

	<xsp:logic>
            //Declare a LogHelper
            //   "session_log" is the tomcat log file to use (see your
server.conf),
            //   "Prefix" is a prefix to use in the log file for this
message:
            private LogHelper loghelper = new LogHelper("session_log",
"Prefix");
      </xsp:logic>
</xsl:template>

//  Then just log your messages wherever you want:
           loghelper.log( log your message here );

Don't know if it's the best way, but it works fine.

Paul