Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@apache.org> on 2012/10/16 15:18:19 UTC

Release of the dependency plugin 2.6

Hi all,

  i would like to release the dependency plugin soon.
  There only too old issues not closed attached to the current version (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel)
but I suppose they are migrated release after release without any real work
on them.
  I'm interested especially by this fix to use it as report (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-366) and it has the perf improvement
with the plexus-utils upgrade (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-377)
  Nobody against it ?

Cheers

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier@gmail.com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: Release of the dependency plugin 2.6

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
if maven-dependency-tree[1]'s  DependencyGraphBuilder can be used, it gives
you both Maven 2 & 3 compatibility without hard code

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-dependency-tree/

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le mercredi 24 octobre 2012 22:50:19 Arnaud Héritier a écrit :
> It is what I supposed few days ago that it was a problem with aether that
> rejected artifacts installed locally without using aether itself.
not exactly
Aether already resolved the artifact before the plugin deleted it and asked to
re-resolve: that's not a classical scenario, Aether tries to resolve an
artifact only once in a session, and that's a Good Thing (TM)
The only problem is that resolveAlways() API should bypass this feature and it
seems it doesn't do

> it is more annoying if resolver.resolveAlways()  doesn't work :(
if my explanations are right, we should open a MNG issue and create either an
IT or a UT: I don't have time to work on it for the moment, but if nobody
beats me, I'll keep this on my TODO list

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
As long as the failing ITs have corresponding JIRAs I think this is good.

/Anders

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
ok, let me know if you succeed to do something with the dependency tree API.

Arnaud

-----

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Hi Arnaud,

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
ok. thanks

-----

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

--
-----

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi

  I saw many activity on the plugin this WE ( and I didn't have the time to
release it)
  Paul, MDEP-290 and MDEP-272 are always in progress ?
  Any ETA for them ?

 Arnaud

--
-----

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Hi Arnaud,

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
ok thx.

-----

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Ok, I'm ready

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> We should probably close MDEP-124 as WONT FIX given that there seems no way
> to fix it... or at least the addition of a configuration element to allow
> flagging specific dependencies as used even if they seem not.

either we close it as WON't Fix or we reclassify it as enhancement and
we'll had some additionnal config entries to allow to ignore some deps
(more a workaround than a fix but a clean fix doesn't exist)

> MDPE-166 also seems like it should just display a different output for
> <scope>runtime</scope> namely something like "Unable to determine whether
> used or unused as scope is runtime"

I can have a look at it but if it's not solved since several years I think
it isn't so easy. I'm not sure we already filter dependencies by scope. I
need to check.

--
-----

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.