Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by GASNIER Lise <li...@solucom.fr> on 2001/04/10 15:15:16 UTC

1 Worker= 1 JVM?

Hi,
Judging by the Tomcat-Apache How-to and its Multiple Tomcat JVMs section,
1 instance of Tomcat= 1 JVM ("you have to be running two separate instances
of Tomcat, hence the "multiple JVMs").
And the Tomcat workers.properties doc says  "a tomcat worker is a tomcat
instance".
So, 1 worker = 1JVM...
But when running Tomcat with a workerlist composed of two workers, I can see
only one JVM (using TaskInfo).
Can someone tell me if this assertion is correct: 1 worker= 1 JVM.

thanks a lot,
Lise

Re: 1 Worker= 1 JVM?

Posted by Torsten Glunde <tg...@pcf-software.de>.
Hi,

for running multiple JVMs or Tomcat Instances you have to start and setup
them manually.

For each jvm there will be one server.xml file with the corresponding port
numbers of the workers.

Thats because the workers are established during the apache process in the
mod_jk and have nothing to do with the jvms and corresponding server.xml
files.

Greetings
Torsten