Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by ustbcoder <us...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/02 17:58:46 UTC

Re: Re: [SCXML]Eclipse plunge-in based visual editor,debugger and codegeneration tool for SCXML

Hi,

In fact, i have finish a GMF based State Chart editor in my past research job, but it is simple, do not have debug function and can not generation code, now ,i want to extend it as a full-blown visual editor for GMF. Even before i developered my SCXML editor,i did some survey jobs,including UML2Tool and Topcased.

UML2Tools is a GMF based UML graphical editor, i do not think it is suitable for SCXML,absolutely, UML and SCXML have different data model.
Topcased is more powful, it is a UML 2 editor,SysML editor and more,and may be i can build a SCXML editor base on it, but i do not think it is  easy. I am familiar with GMF, build EMF data model, i can build a GMF SCXML editor demo very fast, but if i use Topcased, i think it will take more time.

The most important point is that these editors do not supply debug function, and can not convert  SXML to Java,C++,JavaScript or Python code. Also, what the SCXML community need is a pure SCXML editor,i think framework like Topcased is to heavyweight. Now, i have a simple GMF based SCXML editor already,why i do not extend it as a more powful SCXML editor and give it some more cool function support ?

2010-04-02

ustbcoder