Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/15 06:05:08 UTC

[SCHEMA] m-dependencies?

Wooohooo!!

I added a new Schema entry and verified it through
LS.  ADS and LDAP is such an mesmerizing combination.

I noticed that some of the some (maybe all) of the schema entries
use m-dependencies attributes with values like "core" and "system".

So I just added [m-dependencies, system] to the "cn=xsd" schema entry,
just in case.  Should I keep it?

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: [SCHEMA] m-dependencies?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
That dependency feature is not present at the moment, when generating the
LDIF corresponding to a schema, in the Schemas Editor Plugin for LS.

We'll need to add it in the next version...

P-A M.

Re: [SCHEMA] m-dependencies?

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hey Alex,

Brilliant - I'll be using that when defining
inheritance hierarchies for ObjectClasses
(Corresponding to DataObject Type(s) ) that have
inheritance relationships.

Thanks,
- Ole

Re: [SCHEMA] m-dependencies?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Oh to answer your question if you depend on a schema object in the system
schema then you need to have system as a value of m-dependencies.  If not
then you don't.  Usually system has so many useful things in there that
everything usually depends on it.

Alex

Re: [SCHEMA] m-dependencies?

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.