Posted to user@spark.apache.org by שוהם יהודה <sh...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/28 22:40:38 UTC

Cannot build Apache Spark 3.3.1 with Apache Hive 3.1.2 and Apache Hadoop 3.1.1

Hi Team
I have a problem with building Apache Spark compatible with Apache Hive
3.1.2.
I believe Apache Spark supports Hive 3.1.2 as I saw it in the docs.
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/sql-data-sources-hive-tables.html

I saw in the docs the following guide to build spark:
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html

When I executed the following command:

./dev/make-distribution.sh --name spark-3.3.1-bin-hadoop-3.1.1-hive-3.1.2
--pip --tgz -Phive -Phive-thriftserver -Pyarn -Pkubernetes
-Dhadoop.version=3.1.1 -Dhive.version=3.1.2 -DskipTests -DrecompileMode=all

I get multiple error that indicates incompatibility issues.

For instance I get the following error while compiling the spark-hive_2.12
jar:

[ERROR]
/Users/shohamyehuda/IdeaProjects/spark/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveInspectors.scala:481:
type mismatch;
 found   : Timestamp (in org.apache.hadoop.hive.common.type)
 required: Timestamp (in java.sql)

I attached the output logs of the command after I added the -rm
spark-hive_2.12 argument to the above command.

Can anyone please give me his opinion about this problem and how can I
solved it?

Best Regards

Shoham