Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Grueneberg <ma...@active-group.de> on 2004/06/16 12:17:19 UTC

[OT] Problem unzipping files in servlet with german umlauts in filenames of zipentries.

Hello, I hope somebody can help me with this problem.
I have a servlet in my application which unzips a uploaded zip archive and stores the contained files.
This works fine until the filename of a zipentry contains german umlauts.

For example in a zipfile a.zip is an entry äöü.txt.

When i get the ZipEntry for that file zipEntry.getName() returns me ???.txt instead of äöü.txt.
I think this has something to do with the right Characterencoding but I don't know how to do it.

thanks in advance
Martin