Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by m....@insign.ch on 2004/07/13 20:07:58 UTC

Resend.. pls. help: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 / SA is tagging mails from my platform

Hi (don't know if I rather should post this to the dev. list)

Myself a happy user of SA, I ran into this problem when I send emails to
my platform  members. Those emails always get tagged by the member's
that use SA themselves. The platform is http://www.friendwatch.com and hosted
on ehostpros.com servers.

The main prob. seems to be this test: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 ( Bulk email fingerprint (hash 2 v2) found)
I couldn't find much info about this test. What do I have to fix in the
mails I send (to my subscribed users)? I've read somewhere something
related to the Message-Id, but that I can't change at all (I'm using an
external hosting provider)

Please help me with this...

Thanks a lot,
Martin

-- Complete headers: --

Subject: [**spam**] [SNP04 OK]: Beitrag von meili: heute Abend
From: "Friendwatch.com" <su...@friendwatch.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:13:09 -0700
X-Spam-Report:  *  2.4 RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 Bulk email fingerprint (hash 2 v2) found *  0.1 HTML_60_70 BODY: Message is 60% to 70% HTML *  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message *  1.1 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_10 BODY: HTML: images with 800-1000 bytes of words *  1.1 MIME_BASE64_LATIN RAW: Latin alphabet text using base64 encoding *  1.1 MIME_BASE64_TEXT RAW: Message text disguised using base64 encoding

http://www.friendwatch.com

Re: Resend.. pls. help: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 / SA is tagging mails from my platform

Posted by m....@insign.ch.
Sorry Loren, somehow must have missed your reply - could you please
resend it - thanks..

> I replied to the original mail messages a couple of days ago, but he must
> not have liked the response.  His mailer is creating mails with at least 5
> different major spam signs, and the one he mentions above is only something
> like 1.2 points of the total.

Nah, I appreciate any answer :-)

>> *  2.4 RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 Bulk email fingerprint (hash 2 v2) found

However, the RATWARE thing is the biggest contributor and counts for 2.4
points. Avoiding that one would solve my prob, but I have no idea what
exactly it does.

>> 1.1 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_10 BODY: HTML: images with 800-1000 bytes of words

This one also is just wrong (if I understand it correctly). The included
images in the html just consist of the logo and one embedded sentence,
< 35bytes. How come it can be analyzed that wrong? Or do I
missunderstand the rule?

Thanks again,
Martin

Re: Resend.. pls. help: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 / SA is tagging mails from my platform

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Loren Wilton wrote:

> > > Please help me with this...
> >
> > just disable this test using this line in your global local.cf:
> > score RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 0.0
>
> That won't help him.  The problem isn't that he is seeing that on incoming
> mail.  The problem is all of his recipients are seeing that on any mail he
> sends to them.
>
> I replied to the original mail messages a couple of days ago, but he must
> not have liked the response.  His mailer is creating mails with at least 5
> different major spam signs, and the one he mentions above is only something
> like 1.2 points of the total.

oh, damn, misread that, sorry. thanks for clarifying this :)

regards,
Matthias

Re: Resend.. pls. help: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 / SA is tagging mails from my platform

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> > Please help me with this...
>
> just disable this test using this line in your global local.cf:
> score RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 0.0

That won't help him.  The problem isn't that he is seeing that on incoming
mail.  The problem is all of his recipients are seeing that on any mail he
sends to them.

I replied to the original mail messages a couple of days ago, but he must
not have liked the response.  His mailer is creating mails with at least 5
different major spam signs, and the one he mentions above is only something
like 1.2 points of the total.

        Loren

Re: Resend.. pls. help: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 / SA is tagging mails from my platform

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 m.bachmann@insign.ch wrote:

Hi,

> Hi (don't know if I rather should post this to the dev. list)
>
> Myself a happy user of SA, I ran into this problem when I send emails to
> my platform  members. Those emails always get tagged by the member's
> that use SA themselves. The platform is http://www.friendwatch.com and hosted
> on ehostpros.com servers.
>
> The main prob. seems to be this test: RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 ( Bulk email fingerprint (hash 2 v2) found)
> I couldn't find much info about this test. What do I have to fix in the
> mails I send (to my subscribed users)? I've read somewhere something
> related to the Message-Id, but that I can't change at all (I'm using an
> external hosting provider)
>
> Please help me with this...

just disable this test using this line in your global local.cf:
score RATWARE_HASH_2_V2 0.0

by setting a rule to score zero, its disabled this way. since scoring
doesnst depends on a single rule, you might life with this solution quiet
well.

regards,
Matthias