Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2001/12/07 10:54:34 UTC

Logo

recently, I had a talk with Giacomo about this project and he thought
about a logo for this project, considering that

 XIndice := x + indice;

could be interpreted as

 XIndice := x + in + dice;

so he suggested the use of an 'x' included in two dice.

Sounds like a cool idea to me :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Logo

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> recently, I had a talk with Giacomo about this project and he thought
> about a logo for this project, considering that
>
>  XIndice := x + indice;
>
> could be interpreted as
>
>  XIndice := x + in + dice;
>
> so he suggested the use of an 'x' included in two dice.
>
> Sounds like a cool idea to me :)

See the rough logo I put together in CVS under docs/xindice.jpg...  It's
very simple, and helps to avoid any pronounciation confusion :)

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Developer - Apache Xindice (formerly dbXML)

Re: Logo

Posted by Niels Peter Strandberg <ni...@npstrandberg.com>.
The world is full of 'X' today: Mac OS X, Win XP. X-Win, Xerces etc.
'X' means different think to different people, and that might be good or
bad!

Since xindice is a 'new' tech, then the name or logo should not scare
people away!

'new' is ok! but only combined with reliability, stability and
'standard'!

So something clean, sober and elegant, would help create 'trust'!

Just a thought!

Niels Peter

Re: Logo

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Logo

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Re: Logo

Posted by "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <er...@rcn.com>.
[...]

Eric

Re: Logo

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Re: Logo

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Logo

Posted by Yuri Gadow <yg...@mail.com>.

Re: Logo

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> recently, I had a talk with Giacomo about this project and he thought
> about a logo for this project, considering that
>
>  XIndice := x + indice;
>
> could be interpreted as
>
>  XIndice := x + in + dice;
>
> so he suggested the use of an 'x' included in two dice.
>
> Sounds like a cool idea to me :)

:)

Giacomo