Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Enrique Ruibal <er...@prodigy.net.mx> on 2008/04/05 22:16:23 UTC

KUDOS for server performance of Demo Site

I just tried your demo site from demo.hotwaxmedia.com I found it very fast
and responsive, I created a desktop shortcut using Mozilla Prism from
http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/, and Ofbiz runs nicely embedded in my
desktop giving the impression it is running on my laptop.

Congratulations, it is a great user experience.
-Enrique Ruibal

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
neat tool

David E Jones sent the following on 4/7/2008 12:36 PM:

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Thanks David

I gotta get this latest code integrated.  This ArtifactInfo stuff is
seriously useful.

Skip

> I already saw all this.  I just can't see where and what for the
> entity is
> used for.
>
> Skip

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This may also be helpful:

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Yep that's right.

Regards
Scott

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Thanks for clarifying Jacopo

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
I don't think we can remove the records from the Enumeration entity.
The idea (but it is my idea for now, not an official plan) is to use
the InventoryItemDetail for staoring all the information about a
manual variance (it is already done actually... using the enumId to
keep track of the reason, and the comment, or description, I don't
remember for the user message) and possibly deprecate part of the
older entity model (some fields and the VarianceReason entity maybe).

Jacopo

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
I don't think there is work going on right now on this but the
reasonEnumId is already supported (and I think it is also in the
January 2008 revisions).
For example, if you create a manual inventory variance the reason sis
stored also there.

Jacopo

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

> Recently in the InventoryItemDetail we added support for keeping the
> history of owner changes and unit cost changes.
>
> Jacopo
>

> On Apr 9, 2008, at 7:33 AM, Anne wrote:

> Checked by AVG.
> 4/4/2008
> 8:23 AM

> Checked by AVG.
> 4/4/2008
> 8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.
yes

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Jacopo

Is that in the latest SVN?

Skip

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Anne <an...@cohsoft.com.au>.

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

The InventoryItemDetail entity is where all the changes to an
InventoryItem's QOH/ATP quantities are recorded, the sum of these details is
what is recorded in the InventoryItem at any given time.

Regards
Scott

On 08/04/2008, skip@thedevers <sk...@thedevers.org> wrote:

> Now that I look at this more carefully, I can see lots of uses for it if
> the
> fields are all really populated by the implementation.  I'll do some more
> digging.
>

> Skip

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Yes, I searched the trunk, but from the end of last year.  I saw a single
java files related to workeffort, and some bsh and xml files dealing with
production runs.  The only inventory related stuff was some comments that
they were updating this entity and letting a seca update the item.

I'll get and checkout the latest trunk though.

Skip

BTW did a search of the trunk, lots of minilanq and java code using it.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 4/7/2008 11:22 AM:
> I am deducing from the same link I sent you it has to do with history
> like dates that this inventory Item has certian levels of on hand.
> walking down the sequence ID a routine would find an inventory diff.
> it might be used for taking inventory and matching it against physical
> inventory and noting the differences.
> it would also be used in receiving to note the differences between an
> invoice and actual received.
>
> the only import I can see would be after an physical inventory count and
> the xls sheets would update.
>
> skip@thedevers sent the following on 4/7/2008 10:45 AM:
>> Thanks BJ.
>>
>> I already saw all this.  I just can't see where and what for the entity
is
>> used for.
>>
>> Skip

4/4/2008
>>> 8:23 AM

>> Checked by AVG.
>> 8:23 AM

>> Checked by AVG.
>> 8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

I am deducing from the same link I sent you it has to do with history
like dates that this inventory Item has certian levels of on hand.
walking down the sequence ID a routine would find an inventory diff.
it might be used for taking inventory and matching it against physical
inventory and noting the differences.
it would also be used in receiving to note the differences between an
invoice and actual received.

the only import I can see would be after an physical inventory count and
the xls sheets would update.

skip@thedevers sent the following on 4/7/2008 10:45 AM:
> Thanks BJ.
>
> I already saw all this.  I just can't see where and what for the entity is
> used for.
>
> Skip

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

Re: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

RE: "InventoryItemDetail"

Posted by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Thanks BJ.

I already saw all this.  I just can't see where and what for the entity is
used for.

Skip

> Now that the weekend is over, I am re-submitting this question hoping that
> one of the big guns is listening.
>

> Can someone explain the importance and use of this "InventoryItemDetail"
> entity?
>
> I am debating whether or not to add code to my import routines to support
> it, but don't see much use, at least in the java code or simple method xml
> files.
>
> Skip
> Checked by AVG.
> 8:23 AM