Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2015/04/16 20:45:32 UTC

Any objections to me merging in ISIS-789 (the DataNucleus 4 stuff) to master?

Hi folks

For those running off -SNAPSHOT, this will impact you:

*I'd like to merge in ISIS-789, the DataNucleus 4 stuff to master.*

If you are running against -SNAPSHOT, it will require some minor updates to
existing pom.xml files.  (I intend to prepare an update doc on the website;
will be in the 1.9.0 release notes).

More importantly, though, this is a major upgrade of DN4 and, so, should be
considered as quite high risk.  I recommend that it is kept away from
production for a little while, at least.

If you are using -SNAPSHOT in production, my recommendation is that you can
create a stable branch for yourself and build from that.

~~~
Let me know ... will assume silent consensus.

Thx
Dan

Re: Any objections to me merging in ISIS-789 (the DataNucleus 4 stuff) to master?

Posted by GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Nice idea...

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Using tag 'last-commit-before-DataNucleus4' didn't work because my app also
uses 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT of several Isis Addons.
Maven started failing with a cryptic error about
org.datanucleus.enhancer.PersistenceCapable. Running it with '-e' said that
this class could not be found.
At the top of the Maven logs for my -dom module I've noticed warnings for 4
Isis Addons - saying that their latest 1.9.0-timestamp version is invalid
or something similar. So I've started building them locally and I've
noticed that -audit and -command already have releases (1.8.2 and 1.8.1)
but -security and -sessionlogger didn't have such releases. So I've created
pre-DN4 tags for them too.
Now my app runs fine again with latest versions against DN3.

Martin Grigorov

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com>.