Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathon Koyle <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/11 18:23:08 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] invisible server

Turn DHCP back on, then you will have an IP address to which you can
forward traffic.

Posted by georg chambert <ge...@telia.com>.
No actually those fields are for the "UPnP" which too me is strange language, otherwise, as you say, the fields
mach what should be expected from a port mapping. (possibly the GUI designer at technicolor wasnt sober :(
well it confused me a bit at least.

so now, I will check if ive turned off the DHCP, that could actually be the case...... (memory is not my strong suit)

tnx be back

Posted by "georg.chambert@telia.com" <ge...@telia.com>.
HI , yes that should be so, in todays computing nothing really is what it should,
at least for me, I wanted eth0, but there seem to be an em1, but i cant find a script for it (under network-scripts or under networking/devices)......
well I found something called NMCLI (of cause the issue must be simplified instead of clearly documented.. no edit docs...) that WORKED (hurray)
where i could do "NMCLI dev"  to get a list were em1 was disconnected .....(but NMCLI didnt work as dockumented on what i found on the net)
(well the i/f has  worked before my switch to technicolor.... so why now disconnected, possibly I have touched something)
also i could not find any file at all under /etc/sysconfigs/networking/devices empty.... (would have expected the file you mention, but for elsewhere, like)
and i found some ifup-eth (under network-scripts) but the script wouldnt take ( running it by  ./ifup-eth em1  )
well then i found the GUI based Network Manager APP on fedora, so open that, and all for "automatic" IP4 allocation seemed ok (! while not working)
so I thought Id try "manual" instead, and set up the modem/router-techicolor to a fixed IP4, and made the portmapping according, fine, that took
since I now had an IP address.......
then I  enter the IP address in the fedora-app; well all fine, until i should save the config; only the cancel option lit up, no matter what....
tried all doors, all leading nowhere....
tnx for support
/georg
From: "Freek de Kruijf" <
          f.de.kruijf@gmail.com>

> Op woensdag 31 oktober 2018 12:48:42 CET schreef
          georg.chambert@telia.com:

>> Hi again, didnt work to turn DHCP off, just rendered the PC/server

>> without

>> IP address (ie not even the local net)

> Right.

>> looking at WAN services, I get the following fields to fill (for "+ Add

>> new

>> IPv4 port mapping" ):

>> IPv4 Port forwarding table

>> Name Protocol WAN port    LAN port Destination IP Destination

> MAC

>> so the "Destination" in this, would that actually be the PC/server IP

>> (which

>> I then guess I have to set manually in the PC )

> Your PC/Server normally gets the same IP address from DHCP when it

> restarts,

> so you can use that address as Destination.

> For a web server you need to forward the external port 80 to the internal

> port

> 80 of your PC/Server. In case you use https you also need to forward 433

> 433.

> --

          fr.gr.

          users-help@httpd.apache.org