Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-one.net> on 2002/04/22 17:52:01 UTC

Apache Site not found on address redirect

If this is the wrong question for this list, my apologies, but I am out of
answers on this:

I am running FBSD 4.5 and have a main server running Apache13_FP (Apache
1.3.23) and it is connected to the Internet with a block of static IPs.
That server is running perfectly, at first try as a name-based server with
several vhosts. All vhost are found on the Internet.

Problem: I have another server on the LAN running
Apache-1.3.24+mod_ssl2.8.8 and have confirmed it is listening on ports 80 &
443. I have assigned a second IP to the second server on the LAN and have
setup and bound the second IP as an alias to the public interface. Then, I
have told natd to redirect all requests to IP #2 to the second server's
internal IP.

Alas, the second server domain cannot be found and any attempts to browse
to that address winds up back at the first server's main domain... using
the "default" I suppose.

I can ping the address and it resolves okay. The second server is
listening, but not hearing, so I guess the problem has to do with some sort
of forwarding.... the firewall is open to forward to the LAN okay and the
site comes up as http and https on the internal LAN, so Apache seems to be
okay.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong....????

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone
Server Admin