Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/06/10 14:25:17 UTC

Upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.24 and J2SE1.4_02, JSP's failing

Hi All,

I just upgraded my production box to Tomcat 4.1.24 and j2SE1.4_02 from
TC4.1.18 and J2SE1.3_x, and now my JSP's are failing:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.

	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandle
r.java:130)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:2
93)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)
	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
	at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:4
73)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:1
90)

The funny thing is I performed the same steps first on my test box,
upgrading to 4.1.24 and J2SE1.4_02 there, and everything works.

I can't seem to figure out if this is an ant issue or what...  Any pointers
would be much appreciated...

Eric

Re: Upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.24 and J2SE1.4_02, JSP's failing

Posted by Jeff Self <js...@nngov.com>.
On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 11:40, John Turner wrote:
> Try adding JAVA_HOME/bin to your PATH.  Extend JAVA_HOME to its actual
> value before adding it to your PATH.
>
> John

Its already in my PATH.

--
Jeff Self
Information Technology Analyst

Re: Upgraded to Tomcat 4.1.24 and J2SE1.4_02, JSP's failing

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.

Posted by Jeff Self <js...@nngov.com>.

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Add JAVA_HOME/bin to your PATH.  This is new in 4.1.24, and it only happens
in certain circumstances.  I haven't seen or found a good explanation for
why, yet.

Extend JAVA_HOME to its actual value before you add it to PATH.  That
should do it.

John