Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/05/10 03:24:34 UTC

Missing Mentors

Hi,

A while back we went though the process of identifying missing mentors and t was discussion that there a good correlation between not signing off reports and being missing. Whimsey has a page that tracks this [1].

From  [1] I can see a number of mentors that have not been signing off reports. Do people think it time to ask those mentor who are not being active to either become more involved or step down?

The good news is that with some mentors standing down (who appear on that list), and some projects graduating there’s only only 13 mentors I’ve identified that we need to check if they still want to continue or have the time to help their podling out. That’s huge improvement over last time.

There also seems to be another (slightly weaker correlation) that more than 1/2 of these people have not signed up to the podlings private list. Now mails can be read on list.apache.org but that’s probably another good indicator along with not signing or reports and not checking releases.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/signoff.cgi

Re: Missing Mentors

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Provided OpenWhisk has another podling report before graduation. Otherwise,
I’ll have missed out on sign offs entirely by joining too late. 😅

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Missing Mentors

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,