Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Thomas <je...@hotmail.com> on 2000/04/03 17:24:47 UTC

Passing parameters to a bean from a JSP

I have data contained in a JavaScript variable that would like to pass to a
method on my Java bean. I have been successful retrieving data from my bean
into my JSP but I cannot figure out how to format the script so that I can
send data back to my bean through its methods.

Re: Passing parameters to a bean from a JSP

Posted by Juan Alvarez Ferrando <ja...@oviedo.syseca.es>.
Jerry Thomas wrote:

> I have data contained in a JavaScript variable that would like to pass to a
> method on my Java bean. I have been successful retrieving data from my bean
> into my JSP but I cannot figure out how to format the script so that I can
> send data back to my bean through its methods.

You can pass parameters as FORM hidden fields that can be extracted from
servlet and finally passed through to the Bean. This is independent from
the cookie policy set at the browser.

Juan Alvarez Ferrando

Re: Passing parameters to a bean from a JSP

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

Jerry Thomas wrote:

> I have data contained in a JavaScript variable that would like to pass to a
> method on my Java bean. I have been successful retrieving data from my bean
> into my JSP but I cannot figure out how to format the script so that I can
> send data back to my bean through its methods.

Since Javascript can set cookies, why not go that route?

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam