Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rui M . Silva Seabra" <rm...@multicert.com> on 2001/04/16 21:32:08 UTC

Errors loading servlets: Problem Solved

Hello,

  I have requested several times for help for this problem on this mailing list, but, whilst I have not had any useful response and I have found the nature of the problem, here is a small report.

PROBLEM:
	interconnection of apache with tomcat needing several reloads in order to make the servlet active

	Starting Apache, with mod_jk.so compiled on the machine, apache loads and connects to tomcat just fine, ALTHOUGH the servlets don't load when they are first called, thus apache returns Internal Server Error (given through mod_jk.so). After several reloads, the servlets finally is truly activacted.

	This is unacceptable behaviour! Although, I have discovered that it was related to apxs not having compiled the module correctly.

SOLUTION:
	Recompile the module correctly, or install the binary version released by the Jakarta Project.

	I must've somehow compiled the module badly. Since i have a firm believe that I did it apropriately, some problem with my overall apache configuration may be to blame. After I installed the mod_jk.so binary provided by the Jakarta Project, the problems disappeard.

I hope this can be usefull for somebody out there! :)

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?