Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2009/04/23 02:26:05 UTC

How to fix a delete correctly...

I am working on updating a vendor library, Axis2/C.  It seems that in
the old version there was a file that is now a folder.  I have deleted
the file, commited the change and now when I try to add the folder, I
get the following from tortoisesvn:

Error: Can't replace
'D:\MSDev\Vender\Axis2C\guththila\tests\resources\om' with a node
Error: of a differing type; the deletion must be committed and the
parent updated
Error: before adding 'D:\MSDev\Vender\Axis2C\guththila\tests\resources\om'

Re: How to fix a delete correctly...

Posted by Edmund Wong <ed...@belfordhk.com>.
Sam Carleton wrote:

> Error: Can't replace
> 'D:\MSDev\Vender\Axis2C\guththila\tests\resources\om' with a node
> Error: of a differing type; the deletion must be committed and the
> parent updated
> Error: before adding 'D:\MSDev\Vender\Axis2C\guththila\tests\resources\om'

I would believe it's asking you to 'svn update' your wc
(specifically your wc root) and then do the 'svn add'.

Edmund