Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 13:35:17 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20140224

Hi All,
We continue doing the AOO 4.1 Function Verification test(FVT), here is the
weekly update (2/15 - 2/24):

*Test execution:*
1. Template validation - hold on, sent below issues and question to
development
Question: A new .odp is created with the template when try to open .otp
file, is it intended?
Issues:
- only the first slide in template is available for apply to the existing
presentation in AOO
- It gets messed when apply template to an existing presentation

2. Existing feature on 3 APP testing - Ongoing
We have assigned 853(817 as of 2/14) test executions to about 42(39 as of
2/14) volunteers, and completed about 45.8%(39.4% as of 2/14) in execution
(535 test executions done, 461 as of 2/14). We get 3 more test execution
volunteers since Feb 14 to speed up the test execution, we do not complete
FVT as planned on Feb 24

    Total    Not Run    Passed    Failed    Blocked    Completed [%]
Debian Linux 64bit    56    7    36    10    3    87.5
MacOS X    209    95    90    20    4    54.55
Redhat Linux 32bit    69    67    0    2    0    2.90
Redhat Linux 64bit    277    124    109    41    3    55.23
Ubuntu Linux 64bit    167    111    47    9    0    33.53
Windows 7    209    107    77    22    3    48.8
Windows 8    182    123    44    15    0    32.42
Total    1169    634    403    119    13    45.8

*Defect summary:*
1. 46 resolved bugs are identified to verify before beta candidate
release(Feb 28) (bug list is attached)

*Issues & quality highlight:*
1. We do not complete FVT on schedule. From above execution statistic, the
coverage on Linux, Mac and Windows is with balance, the low execution rate
on Linux 32bit is not critical as low priority on platform Linux 32bit
2. To release beta candidate safely, we need to verify proposed resolved
bugs(total# = 46 so far) and check related function areas to see if any
regression, will call for volunteers in community
3. We still need to run left test executions in FVT

*Volunteer status: *
1. 3 new test execution volunteers(total 42 so far) joined on FVT execution
work since Feb 14
2. Need defect volunteers to verify high priority bugs in Bugzilla (see
above in Defect summary, any one can contribute on this, please let me know
and provide the platforms you can help with)

*Plan for next week:*
1. Verify identified high priority bugs
2. Continue to do FVT test on Mac, Linux and Windows

Thanks you all for effort this week, although we do not complete FVT on
schedule, we really have some test execution volunteers participating
actively and make progress day and day. Let's continue and work together to
make preparation for beta release candidate!

Yu Zhen

Re: [QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20140224

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Kay for your asking.

This URL lists all resolved bugs(total#=193 as of Feb 24)
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&list_id=126069&namedcmd=AOO_Need_Verify_4.1&remaction=run&sharer_id=249289

>From above query, we have identified 46 outstanding/critical bugs(as of Feb
24) which need to be verified before we release beta candidate(Feb 28),
they includes all blocker&critical&Major bugs.

( search criteria of above URL is:
Resolution: FIXED, DUPLICATE, IRREPRODUCIBLE, WONTFIX, MOVED
Issue Type: (is not equal to) Patch
Issue Type: (is not equal to) Task
Product: (is not equal to) qa )

Posted by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.