Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jo...@nokia.com on 2000/11/13 04:11:44 UTC

bug revised

*	We have a report that external entities can affect xsl:copy in a DOM
input scenario. An external entity that had no attributes was causing
improper copying, and adding an attribute fixed the problem. To date we have
been unable to create the bug situation in our lab.

I submitted a bug earlier, which may be the one reported above in the
release notes. I have tracked it down a bit further to be:

The following XSLT applied to the XML will work using the default liason,
but not using the XercesLiaison. It appear that applying templates to
attributes (see red text) is the line that causes the crash (i.e. it works
without it).
=========XML=========

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<wml>
	<card id="main" title="Invalid Move">
	<do type="prev" label="Back">
		<noop/>
	</do>
			<small>
			Move entered: <br/>
			sdf
			</small>
	</card>
</wml>

==========XSLT==============

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="xml" media-type="text/wml"
doctype-public="-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.2//EN"
doctype-system="http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml12.dtd"/>

	<xsl:template match="wml">
		<xsl:comment>3</xsl:comment>
		<xsl:copy>