Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by z94joma <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/05 12:14:30 UTC

Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis. Reload of config in a cluster

A question about Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis.

If I have a queue named MyQueue.IN and a filter only accepting a certain JMS
Headers. Let's say ORDER.

In Broker.xml under the tag

<core>

<configuration-file-refresh-period>5000</configuration-file-refresh-period>

  <queues>
    <queue name="MyQueue.IN">
        <address>MyQueue.IN</address>
        <filter string="TOSTATUS='ORDER'"/>
        <durable>true</durable>
    </queue>
  </queues>
</core>
As I read the manual, changing the Broker.xml it should now relaod config in
Broker.xml every 5 seconds.

But when I change the filter to

<filter string="TOSTATUS='ORDERPICKUP'"/>
The config is not changed in ActiveMQ Artemis.

Not even if I restart the node the filter changes. Caching?

It is in a cluster but I have changed Broker.xml on both sides.

Any ideas on how to change a filter on a queue? Preferably by changing the
Broker.xml

/Zeddy

Re: Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis. Reload of config in a cluster

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Ok.  Fair enough.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis. Reload of config in a cluster

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis. Reload of config in a cluster

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis. Reload of config in a cluster

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
The Filter is not changed on the queue...

Especially that those filters will select messages before they enter the queue.

You would need to delete and recreate the queue, so new messages are
placed properly.
On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 8:14 AM z94joma <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A question about Filtering in ActiveMQ Artemis.
>
> If I have a queue named MyQueue.IN and a filter only accepting a certain JMS
> Headers. Let's say ORDER.
>
> In Broker.xml under the tag
>
> <core>
>
> <configuration-file-refresh-period>5000</configuration-file-refresh-period>
>
>   <queues>
>     <queue name="MyQueue.IN">
>         <address>MyQueue.IN</address>
>         <filter string="TOSTATUS='ORDER'"/>
>         <durable>true</durable>
>     </queue>
>   </queues>
> </core>
> As I read the manual, changing the Broker.xml it should now relaod config in
> Broker.xml every 5 seconds.
>
> But when I change the filter to
>
> <filter string="TOSTATUS='ORDERPICKUP'"/>
> The config is not changed in ActiveMQ Artemis.
>
> Not even if I restart the node the filter changes. Caching?
>
> It is in a cluster but I have changed Broker.xml on both sides.
>
> Any ideas on how to change a filter on a queue? Preferably by changing the
> Broker.xml
>
> /Zeddy

Clebert Suconic