Posted to dev@pekko.apache.org by "Claude Warren, Jr" <cl...@aiven.io.INVALID> on 2022/11/22 10:22:33 UTC

One monster change?

I would like to propose 1 monster change.

Do all the renaming and adding headers in one fell swoop.

There seem to be several changes that need to be made across the entire
codebase (renaming akka to pekko for example).

I would like to see a list of all the large scale changes that need to
occur.

Then we can plan to make one massive change to lift and shift the Akka
codebase to Pekko.

This would be a planned move.  My impression right now is that there are a
bunch of "smaller" changes to complete the lift and shift but that they are
not coordinated.  This proposal is to coordinate that and encompass it as a
single change (though perhaps multiple pull requests).

Thoughts?

Claude

Re: One monster change?

Posted by "Claude Warren, Jr" <cl...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
My thought was to line up and the changes -- get them done -- commit.  And
then clean up the edges/issues that arise from things we missed.  But at
least the later changes should be _MUCH_ smaller.

Re: One monster change?

Posted by Matthew Benedict de Detrich <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
https://github.com/planet42/Laika is another one I got recommended.

Re: One monster change?