Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/12 20:45:33 UTC

Re: SingleStepButtonBarRenderer$Button overrides final method .?

On 5/11/07, Stephen Friedrich <tr...@eekboom.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded from 1.0.0 to current CVS to see if the i18m bug I reported is fixed already.
> Unfortunately I now cannot even start my app anymore.
> Deployment fails with this exception:
>
> 11:35:23,843 ERROR [FacesConfigurator] failed to configure class org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.SingleStepButtonBarRenderer
> java.lang.VerifyError: class org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.xhtml.SingleStepButtonBarRenderer$Button overrides final method .
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>
>  From the svn log I see that "awiner" "made singleStepButtonBar Faces-major" whatever that means.

Yeah, that's jargony.  It means that I rewrote the Renderer from
being written on top of a very old framework (which involves a lot
of adapters) to a straight Faces implementation.  In addition to
being cleaner and simpler, it also makes renderers twice as fast
on average.

-- Adam