Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com> on 2008/05/19 21:27:07 UTC

1.3.1 to fix Windows installation problem

We have an installation problem on MRI/Windows due to RJB, so anyone trying
to install or upgrade to 1.3.1 on Windows will suffer.  I think that
warrants putting out a 1.3.1 release, even if just to fix the installation
issue.  And it will take a few days before we can put the release out, so I
want to start now.

Separately, there are some regressions from 1.2.10 and other open issues,
and I'm working through that list right now to fix as many of those as
possible.

I propose we cut a 1.3.1 release from all the issues we manage to close by
end of day.

Assaf

Re: 1.3.1 to fix Windows installation problem

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Matthieu sent an email last week about publicizing the 1.3 release on
> various web sites, etc.  I think we should wait until we have a (more)
> stable version out before we push the marketing buttons.

Sounds good. I was supposing that everything was all rosy but we should
definitely wait if there are blockers for windows users.

Matthieu

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
+1

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.
+1. The install issue is a showstopper for peeps like me upgrading to
1.3.x from 1.2.10.

--
-Shane