Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com> on 2011/07/19 20:49:36 UTC

remote hive metastore

i am testing running a remote hive metastore. i understand that the client
communicates with the metastore via thrift.
now is it the case that the client still communicates with HDFS directly?

in the metastore i see logs for all the actions that i perform on the
client. but they show up like this:

11/07/19 14:43:36 INFO HiveMetaStore.audit: ugi=hdfs    ip=/192.168.1.157
cmd=get_table : db=default tbl=things

what confuses me here is the ugi=hfds. that is not me. that is the user that
runs the metastore! does this mean my setup is broken?
in HDFS the files do show up with the right user.

thanks koert