Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Anshum <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 06:18:34 UTC

Re: [ no subject ]

As per my knowledge, you'd have to index one of the docs  and then run a
query (second doc) to get the similarity score.
Also, the default similarity would take into account more factors than the
regular VSM hence, you'd even have to look into it.
You may write code that on the fly creates a volatile index, runs a query,
returns the similarity and clears the index (which would happen implicitly
in case of a ramdir approach.

--
Anshum Gupta
Naukri Labs!