Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jason <ja...@xn.com.au> on 2002/10/24 07:40:33 UTC

Jaxb 1.0 beta interoperability with Xerces 2.2.0, 2.1.0 and 1.4.4

Hi

I've been experimenting with using Jaxb (1.0 beta) to generate Java
objects which represent some of our XML.

Here are my experiences interooperating with different versions of Xerces.

First, i generated the classes with the Jaxb compiler.  For present
purposes, that was fine (ie there were some issues with some ways of
representing the schema, but i could workaround those with a "Russian
doll" design - i bugged that "internal review ID of: 166068").

The fun starts when you try to unmarshall.

With Xerces 1.4.4, processing
fails if you try to use a default NS in the  XML element,

ie myElement xmlns="http://blagh blagh

For Xerces 1.4.4 to work, you must use

<myNS:myElement xmlns:myNS="http://blagh blagh

Xerces 2.2.0 fails completely (ie neither form works, and nor can you
drop its XercesImpl.jar into the JAXB lib dir for compilation purposes)

The version distributed with Jaxb (Xerces 2.1.0) works fine (both forms)
for unmarshalling.

Does this match with other peoples experiences?

cheers,

Jason