Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by John Hughes <jo...@entegrity.com> on 2004/02/25 12:30:17 UTC

XMLSerializer

I'm using XMLSerializer to output some base64 encoded information within
certain elements.  the base64 information has '\n' line separators.  However
after serialization this '\n' are converted into spaces.

Has any one seen this? and how can I preserve the '\n' values so they are
not converted?

john

RE: XMLSerializer

Posted by John Hughes <jo...@entegrity.com>.
Found what was causing this.

When using setPreserveSpace(false) in the OutputFormat the serializer
converts '\n' to ' '.

What is the rationale for this?

John