Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/27 19:55:21 UTC

Subversion , was : RE: source layout of jelly tags

Just a question:

What about to move to subversion?
It could make easier the move of files?

Arnaud.

Re: Subversion , was : RE: source layout of jelly tags

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 14:34, Christopher L Merrill wrote:
> Does this mean that Maven cannot be used with a Subversion repository?

Maven itself dosen't care what you use for your SCM, that's entirely up
to you. There are just different options for the various plugins, but
I'm talking about maven2 so nothing for you to worry about. SVN
changelogs are supported and some general SCM operations in the SCM
plugins, but these are plugins. Maven itself it SCM agnostic as most
tools are.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Posted by Christopher L Merrill <ch...@webperformanceinc.com>.
Does this mean that Maven cannot be used with a Subversion repository?

I had previously found this post:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg13243.html
which seemed to indicate that the two were compatible.

If not...we won't be able to use Maven on our next project :(

Jason van Zyl wrote:
> I think that would eventually be a good idea, but I would like to do
> that when Continuum works well enough with SVN and then I would like to
> switch over all the maven repos. Currently all the m2 dependendcies are
> building under Continuum but it doesn't yet support SVN nor does Maven
> SCM.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software

Re: Subversion , was : RE: source layout of jelly tags

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
aren't there still some lingering issues regarding Subversion's
stability? I don't have any particular issue in mind, but it seems like
I've seen complaints related to SVN on #codehaus in the not-so-distant
past...

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 13:55, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> Just a question:
>
> What about to move to subversion?
> It could make easier the move of files?

I think that would eventually be a good idea, but I would like to do
that when Continuum works well enough with SVN and then I would like to
switch over all the maven repos. Currently all the m2 dependendcies are
building under Continuum but it doesn't yet support SVN nor does Maven
SCM.

> Arnaud.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl