Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by rkmoquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/05 23:09:08 UTC

Re: "Tabbing" for command list in 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Yeah, I know, I always feel like I should ask first rather than risk opening
a duplicate issue and wasting developer's time.  Or maybe I'm wasting more
of your time by asking first?  I can definitely open one if it persists in
the latest snapshot (I'll give the newest a try).

Thanks!

Re: "Tabbing" for command list in 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

just did built the latest version from trunk and I got tab completion
working.
Using MacOSX and Java:
java version "1.7.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

regards, Achim

2013/5/11 rkmoquin <fr...@gmail.com>

> Ok, now I'm confused.  I started up the latest Karaf 3.0.0 SNAPSHOT on
> Linux
> Mint 14 with OpenJDK 1.7, the tab key and other keys worked without issue.
> I think rebooted into my Windows 8 OS, did the same thing and the tab
> completion worked.
>
> Now, I downloaded the SNAPSHOT onto my corporate windows 7 laptop, which
> works fine with RC1, but it still does not work correctly with the latest
> snapshot. :(   I wonder what the heck the difference is.  Looks like I'm on
> jdk 1.7.0_12 32 bit.... and that hasn't changed since the RC I'm sure.
>
> Any ideas?  Could comeone point me to where the eventlistener for the tab
> or
> other keys is created?  I looked around a little but didn't see it.  There
> much be something strange going on...

Project Lead
OPS4J Pax for Vaadin <http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/PAXVAADIN/Home>
Commiter & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: "Tabbing" for command list in 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by rkmoquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
No pressure :)  I'm just curious if it's my environment, like maybe
coincidentally a jvm bug or something out of the direct scope of the karaf
project.  I'm also concerned that if it is a full on bug, I want to make
sure it doesn't somehow slip unnoticed into a released Karaf version since
that is more work for you guys and I'd like to prevent it.  Plus I'm dying
to play with new snapshots since the OSGi version was upgraded.  :)

Other than this weird console issue, and a random hiccup here and there, I
have to say I've been impressed at how well the Karaf 3.0 snapshots have
been running and can't wait until it's ready for release.

Keep up the great work!  Btw, I'll download the new snapshot on a linux
laptop I have and see if the problem persists.  I'll let you know since if
it does work, it might be my specific environment and I'll need to figure
out a good place to start debugging.

Ryan

Re: "Tabbing" for command list in 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry haven't had the time to investigate this.

sent from mobile device