Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jørgen Sivesind <js...@enonic.com> on 2007/11/29 15:08:41 UTC

Third Hop error.

Hello!

I'm new to JackRabbit.  I have downloaded the source to v.1.3.3, and built
it with Maven, then set up my own Maven project, imported all the JackRabbit
jars and now I'm trying run each of the example hops of the getting started
guide in this new project.  At the third hop, I'm getting this error:

Importing xml... Exception in thread "main" java.net.MalformedURLException
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:601)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
	at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.importXML(SessionImpl.java:1116)
	at test.jackrabbit.ThirdHop.main(ThirdHop.java:43)

The failing line is the import statement:  session.importXML("/importxml",
xml, ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_CREATE_NEW);

I can not see anything wrong with the XML or the code.  The XML is a
straight copy/paste from the firststeps.html web page.

Is there anybody else who have experienced problems like this with imports?

Re: Third Hop error.

Posted by Jørgen Sivesind <js...@enonic.com>.
Ahhhh.  I tried setting up all the configuration again, but couldn't get
anything to work still.  Then I downloaded the source to Xerces, to debug
the problem.  Guess what was wrong!:

                FileInputStream xml = new FileInputStream("test.xml");

Couldn't find the file, and "xml" was null.

Sorry for wasting your time, everybody.  :blush:

Sincerely,
Jørgen Sivesind

Re: Third Hop error.

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.