Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2019/05/13 14:55:12 UTC

[Performance / Resource management WG] Notes in lieu of tomorrow's meeting

I'm out of the country and so I'm sending out notes in lieu of tomorrow's
performance / resource management meeting.

Resource Management:

- Work is underway for adding the UPDATE_FRAMEWORK scheduler::Call.
- Some fixes and small performance improvements landed for the random
sorter.
- Perf data from actual workload testing showed that the work we were doing
for incremental sorting wouldn't provide a significant impact, so that work
has been shelved for now.
- Logging was added to show the before and after state of quota headroom
during each allocation cycle.
- We will be getting back to the quota limits work shortly.

Performance:

- Some benchmarking was done for command health checks, which are rather
expensive since they create nested containers.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Ben