Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bahya NASSR EDDINE <ba...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/07/20 12:54:22 UTC

[users@httpd] apache-1.3.33 & php-4.2.2-17.rpm

Hi all,

I compiled apache-1.3.33 whith mod_ssl. Since I was
unable to compile php, I installed
php-4.2.2-17.i386.rpm.

I created a php file (test.php) in the htdocs
directory. But once I tryed to access it from the
browser, I received the error essage:
    "The file "test.php" is of type
application/x-httpd-php, and Mozilla does not know
handlethis fle type"

I then added the following lines to the httpd.conf
file:
    "LoadModule php4_module
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp4.so"
But now, apache is unable to start. It returns the
following error message:
   "/www/bin/apachectl startssl
    Syntax error on line 205 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load /www/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
  /www/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol:
apr_bucket_type_file
    /www/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be
started"

Any idea please?

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] apache-1.3.33 & php-4.2.2-17.rpm

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Bahya NASSR EDDINE wrote:
> I receive an "internal error: Segmentation fault"
> message while compiling php, I think that this is due
> to memory.

Then your memory is bugged and you should replace it immediately.

Davide

Re: [users@httpd] apache-1.3.33 & php-4.2.2-17.rpm

Posted by Bahya NASSR EDDINE <ba...@yahoo.fr>.
Thank you for your response.

--- Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net> a écrit :
> "unable to compile" means? Maybe you miss something
> in your installation.
I receive an "internal error: Segmentation fault"
message while compiling php, I think that this is due
to memory.

> It sounds like the version of PHP you installed
> isn't
> made for that version of Apache or you miss some
> library in your distribution.
You may be right. I used to use apache with php-4.3.11
and this was working just fine.
I will try to upgrade to a newer version of php.

Thanks a lot

Re: [users@httpd] apache-1.3.33 & php-4.2.2-17.rpm

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.