Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/02 08:30:11 UTC

camel-aws - tests with localstack full vs light

Hi

I wonder if anyone have tried the light stack to test with?

localstack/localstack-light

The localstack is maybe overkill, or for some of the aws tests

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: camel-aws - tests with localstack full vs light

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I haven't tried that before, so I tried the SQS ones and they ran fine.
There seems to be a small reduction in the test duration (probably the
light image is faster to boot), but I didn't check further.

I'll try running a few tests in the camel-aws module tomorrow to see how it
works.

Obs.: if anyone wants to also take a look, it is possible to run them with
the localstack-light image using
-Daws.container=localstack/localstack-light:latest (i.e.: mvn
-Daws.container=localstack/localstack-light:latest verify).

Kind regards

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 10:34 AM Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We could have a look. Maybe for complex scenarios we could use local stack
> while for base scenarios the light one.
>
> Il sab 2 ott 2021, 10:30 Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I wonder if anyone have tried the light stack to test with?
> >
> > localstack/localstack-light
> >
> > The localstack is maybe overkill, or for some of the aws tests
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: camel-aws - tests with localstack full vs light

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.