Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 17:56:44 UTC

Releasing Examples

Hi,

As many Apache projects, see Camel (http://camel.apache.org/examples.html)
do regular releases of representative examples, I thought we should also do
that.

At the moment there are only Java examples, 3 for java-client and 2 for
ddr-simple (which as a baseline also shall be released in a 1.0.0, it may
be frozen after that, but allows example code to use it and demonstrate how
the W3C API is implemented)

The last release of java-client was mostly via Maven-built JARs.
I experimented with a full distro of all examples, but given they may
evolve over time and e.g. "dmap-spring" could evolve faster or a new
"dmap-guice" or "dmap-weld" be added to it, I don't know, if it makes sense
or simply provide the Maven artifacts?

Until all  Java libraries are on MAvenCentral, Apache Maven (I saw
java-client in the Snapshot repo) or JCenter, it could require extra
builds, but using Maven all examples can be built and e.g. the console demo
even executed very easily.

Werner