Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Juanma Barranquero <jm...@wke.es> on 2004/02/16 11:40:22 UTC

Regarding Issue #1551: "svn log" handles unversioned files poorly

Karl says:

> Although in some sense this is an API issue, it's not one that's likely to be
> both important to script writers and impossible to work around, so assigning
> into 1.1.

Could it please be mentioned somewhere (docs, FAQ, whatever) that

  svn log --xml * > /my/log.xml

does not produce valid XML if there are unversioned files in the
directory? (IE6 just hates these "Skipped" lines :)

                                                                Juanma

Re: Regarding Issue #1551: "svn log" handles unversioned files poorly

Posted by Juanma Barranquero <le...@mi.madritel.es>.
On 16 Feb 2004 12:05:51 -0600, kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> Yes, please.

Done.

Note that the issue type is ENHANCEMENT, though it should probably be
DEFECT.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u

Re: Regarding Issue #1551: "svn log" handles unversioned files poorly

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Juanma Barranquero <jm...@wke.es> writes:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:04:38 -0500
> Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org> wrote:
>
> > Yikes, that's a bug.  The "skipped" lines belong on stderr.
>
> Yes, it is a bug, but Issue #1551 already covers the problem. It does
> not mention --xml, though. Perhaps I should add a comment to it?

Yes, please.

Re: Regarding Issue #1551: "svn log" handles unversioned files poorly

Posted by Juanma Barranquero <jm...@wke.es>.

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org