Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 10:31:36 UTC

Using Solr from Github or SVN

I want to branch Solr (latest version) at my local and implement some
custom codes. After some time(maybe every month) I will merge my code with
Solr. However There is code at SVN and Github for Solr and I see that they
are not exactly synchronous. Which one do you suggest, do you think that if
there is no time delay between SVN and Github repositories using Git is
much better cos of merging easiness?

Re: Using Solr from Github or SVN

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Committers mostly use ant+ivy, so that will most likely be more stable. Both Eclipse and IDEA are frequently in use by committers so both are safe choices.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I read "Generate Patch" section and saw no Git mention. Did not read
"Working.." section as I did not expect to need it any time soon.

It is good to know.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.