Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Manie Coetzee <ma...@hemtech.co.za> on 2000/10/10 08:17:19 UTC

Mixed content

Hi

I have a problem with passing a object as a argument and recieving a
object with a Element
back.  If I'm not mistaken you specify the Mapping for
a namespace name and object that need to be serialized (SOAP_ENC and
Bean serializer)
on the client side.  The same object that will then be passed as an
argument need
to be specified in the Deployment descriptor on the server side.  My
problem
is that I have the following RPC method that I call:

public SomeResponse getList(SomeRequest req);

where SomeResponse:
    public class Someresponse {
        Element list;

        public void setList(Element bla)...
        public Element getList()...
    }

and SomeRequest:
    public class SomeRequest {
        String name;

        public void setName(String name)...
        public String getName()....
    }

I have no problem sending the request object, because it can easily
be serialized and deserialized by using the bean serializers.  The
problem
is that I use SOAP encoding and I can't seem to get the Element return
value
back.  I get weird parser errors.

I'm sure that many people have tried simular things.  Can anybody
give me a couple of tips or general solutions.

Thank you

Manie Coetzee