Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Tushar Sheth <tu...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/01 18:39:01 UTC

turn off VNC auto-reconnect?

Hi- we set our VNC server (TigerVNC) to disconnect a session after a
certain amount of idle time (15 minutes). When that happens, guacamole
kicks in and does a countdown of a certain number of seconds and then
automatically reconnects the connection.

I want to turn the guacamole vnc auto-reconnect off.

We are using database authentication. So, I inserted the following into the
"guacamole_connection_parameter" table:

connection_id = '97'
parameter_name = 'autoretry'
parameter_value = '0'

It did not work- guacamole still auto reconnects after the connection
timeout.

What am I missing?

Tushar

Re: turn off VNC auto-reconnect?

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Tushar,

Shame it won't work. It's been a while since I utilised that parameter
but I had an idea it might have achieved the desired outcome, albeit not
quite as you wanted technically, thanks for enlightening me.

Although I quite understand what you want to do unfortunately I can't
offer any further insight, however I trust someone else will be able to
assist.

Posted by Tushar Sheth <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Tushar,