Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bozo Juretic <bj...@inet.hr> on 2009/01/04 09:17:05 UTC

Tcp component in client mode

Hello,

is there a way to setup reconnecting for the tcp (MINA) camel component
(in client mode) in case the upstream link is not available or the
socket went down for whatever reason (i.e. network problem)? I have a
use case where the connection with upstream should be held all the time,
and all the messages should go through the same socket. If this is not
possible, what is the possible solution to this, writing a custom
component using MINA?

Thank you for your answers,

Bozo Juretic

Re: Tcp component in client mode

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/4 Bozo Juretic <bj...@inet.hr>:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way to setup reconnecting for the tcp (MINA) camel component (in
> client mode) in case the upstream link is not available or the socket went
> down for whatever reason (i.e. network problem)? I have a use case where the
> connection with upstream should be held all the time, and all the messages
> should go through the same socket. If this is not possible, what is the
> possible solution to this, writing a custom component using MINA?

It looks like we should be able to patch the MINA component/endpoint
to deal with reconnection...

http://mina.apache.org/faq.html#FAQ-HowcanIreconnecttoserveraftermyclientsessionisclosed.

Fancy taking a stab at it and submitting a patch?
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/contributing.html
--
James
-------