Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by ga...@apache.org on 2009/06/18 02:15:58 UTC

[BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Geronimo Revision: 785862 built with tests included

See the full build-2100.log file at http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/trunk/20090617/build-2100.log

See the unit test reports at http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/server/binaries/trunk/20090617/unit-test-reports

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  ibiblio.org (http://repo.exist.com/maven2)

  org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:car-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  ibiblio.org (http://repo.exist.com/maven2)

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport -DartifactId=car-maven-plugin -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport -DartifactId=car-maven-plugin -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:car-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  ibiblio.org (http://repo.exist.com/maven2)

  org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:car-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  ibiblio.org (http://repo.exist.com/maven2)

	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.findExtensions(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:184)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginNotFoundException: Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

[...]

	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:241)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:176)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1275)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.findArtifactTypeHandlers(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1194)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.findExtensions(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:178)
	... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:332)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:200)
	at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:74)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:204)
	... 16 more
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 54 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jun 17 21:04:29 EDT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 136M/567M

Re: [BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
After some investigation, the compile error is caused by the OLD Jetty 7
SNAPSHOT in its snapshot site, the newest one is built on June 8th.
Is it possible that we could build those 3-rd party projects locally on the
daily build machine before the Geromimo 2.2 build ?
Ivan

--
Ivan

Re: [BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: [BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
2009/6/18 David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>

> This might be reason for genesis 2.0.1..... I imagine that pointing to the
> new repo would work betterIvan:

   So, do we have any plan for genesis 2.0.1 ? I suggest to add the repo
temporary before the new version is released.

> On the other hand we shouldn't be using many snapshot plugins that we
> aren't building...
>
> This particular problem might require some kind of bootstrap to build the
> car-maven-plugin before trying to use it? Or just trying to build twice?
> Ivan :

    I will try it.

--
Ivan

Re: [BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: [BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: [BUILD] trunk: Failed for Revision: 785862

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Why is "apache.snapshots (

2009/6/18 <ga...@apache.org>

> [...]
>        ... 12 more
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository
>        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact(DefaultWagonManager.java:332)
>        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:200)
>        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:74)
>        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyVersionedPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:204)
>        ... 16 more
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 54 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Jun 17 21:04:29 EDT 2009

Ivan