Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Amend, Christian" <ch...@sap.com> on 2014/12/03 15:49:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] Board Report December

Hi All,

Here is the first draft for our board report which is due on December 10th, 2014. If you have any additional input or comments please reply to this mail.

Best Regards,
Christian

* Briefly describe what your primary software product actually does.

Apache Olingo is an effort to provide an implementation of the OASIS
OData (Open Data) specification in Java, and JavaScript (and possibly
other languages). The project has graduated in April 2014.

* When did the project last make any releases?

The latest OData V2 compliant Java release is version 2.0.1 and was built on 2014-11-06.
The latest OData V4 compliant Java release is version 4.0.0-beta-01 and was built on 2014-09-23.
The latest OData V4 JavaScript release is version 4.0.0-beta-01 and was built on 2014-09-19.

* Describe the overall activity in the project over the past quarter.

The main focus of the Olingo community right now is the OASIS OData 4.0 standard. There have been beta releases for Java and JavaScript.
The maintenance for the OData V2 standard is still ongoing and resulted in a first patch release.
The mailing lists and Jira show a strong increase in traffic after the first beta releases for OData V4. We hope this increase in interest will help the Olingo community to grow.

* When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Stephan Klevenz stepped down as the VP of Olingo and the Olingo community elected Christian Amend as the new VP on 2014-10-06.
The Olingo community elected Sven Kobler-Morris as a new PMC member on 2014-10-06.
The Olingo community elected Ramesh Reddy as a new committer on 2014-11-07.

Re: [DISCUSS] Board Report December

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hi all,

looks good for me.
+1 from me - even if it is not necessary  ;o)

Kind regards, Michael