Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 07:59:17 UTC

Issues that are fixed in trunk and needs to be reviewed for porting to 10.2 branch

Hello,

I am yet to find a simple way in JIRA to review the list of  issues
which are fixed in trunk and could be ported to
branches.

Anyways, I wrote a simple utility to dump all the DERBY related JIRA
data into a database and enable me to
run SQL queries.
(If the community thinks such a utility might be useful for Derby, I am
more than happy to contribute that).

Based on that, please find attached the current list of JIRA issues that
are candidates for porting to the
10.2 branch. My query was:

"select jira_issue, component,fixversions, title from jira_issues where
Resolution='Fixed' and affectedversions!='10.3.0.0'
and fixversions='10.3.0.0' and type='Bug' and component not in
('Test','Regression Test Failure') order by component;"

I have excluded the Test component. My initial review of the full list
shows that the following issues needs to be
considered for porting to the 10.2 branch:

DERBY-1732     |Store         |10.3.0.0          |[DERBY-1732] The
language and store systems treat a JVM error such
                                                                     as
OutOfMemoryError differently leading to the raw store pro&
DERBY-1304     |SQL         |10.3.0.0          |[DERBY-1304] DROP view
does not always completely remove
view
DERBY-1589     |SQL         |10.3.0.0          |[DERBY-1589] CREATE
TABLE throws NullPointerException in

Derby SQL Standard Authorization after DROPs and REVOKES
DERBY-1716     |SQL         |10.3.0.0         |[DERBY-1716] Revoking
select privilege from a user times out when
                                                                    that
user still have a cursor open.
DERBY-2008     |SQL         |10.3.0.0         |[DERBY-2008]
NullPointerException with LTRIM, RTRIM
                                                                   and
2-argument SUBSTR() call in GROUP BY clause.
DERBY-2014     |SQL         |10.3.0.0        |[DERBY-2014]
NullPointerException with NULLIF in
                                                                  GROUP
BY clause

Other possible candidates  are: DERBY-1811, DERBY-1693. I have not
included any Documentation issues in this yet.

Any thoughts/comments please do send a mail to the  list.

Also, once we have an agreement on the list of portable issues can the
committers look into doing the needful
merges to the branch

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: Issues that are fixed in trunk and needs to be reviewed for porting to 10.2 branch

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
At this point, the high value issues identified by Rajesh have been
ported to the 10.2 branch: DERBY-1732, DERBY-1304, DERBY-1589,
DERBY-1716, DERBY-2008, DERBY-2014, DERBY-1811, DERBY-1693.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Vemund Ostgaard <Ve...@Sun.COM>.
Rajesh Kartha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am yet to find a simple way in JIRA to review the list of  issues
> which are fixed in trunk and could be ported to
> branches.
>
> Anyways, I wrote a simple utility to dump all the DERBY related JIRA
> data into a database and enable me to
> run SQL queries.
> (If the community thinks such a utility might be useful for Derby, I
> am more than happy to contribute that).

+1

I think that could be useful for Derby if we want to implement some
metrics based on the information in Jira for instance.

Vemund

Re: Issues that are fixed in trunk and needs to be reviewed for porting to 10.2 branch

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Rajesh Kartha wrote:
> Thanks Vemund, Rick for your replies.
> I will open a JIRA issue and contribute the utility.
>

>> Just a heads-up that I'm still planning to cat-herd a 10.2.2 release
>> in early December. I think we have two solid weeks to port fixes to
>> 10.2 before I cut a release candidate.
>>
>> Regards,
>> -Rick
>>
> I was wondering wouldn't it be useful if the fixes get ported to 10.2
> branch in smaller batches but at
> regular intervals  rather than huge merges towards the end.
> It will be simpler that way  and we can avoid any last minute surprises.
>
> Regards,
> Rajesh

Yes, please. I would be happy to see people port their fixes to the next
release vehicle soon after checking into the mainline. I agree that this
results in fewer surprises. For the record, I'm not planning to
mega-merge from the trunk into the 10.2.2 release. This porting effort
is a scratch-your-own-itch opportunity.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Issues that are fixed in trunk and needs to be reviewed for porting to 10.2 branch

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks Rajesh,